20 July 2007

who will step up...

in September to be the Barry Goldwater to deliver the message to Mr. Bush?

Goldwater disliked... Richard M. Nixon of California, whom he later called "the most dishonest individual I have ever met in my life." It is believed Goldwater, then a Senator, forced Nixon to resign at the height of Watergate by threatening to vote in favor of removing him from office if he did not. The term "Goldwater moment" has been used to describe a moment when members of Congress from the President's party disagree and go against the wishes of the President.


are the signs already emerging? Lugar? Warner? Snowe? or someone least expected?

maybe the bigger question is whether or not there is someone who even has the cajones?

a lot of questions to just ask...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey Mike!
Thanks for the email. It took me a hot minute to realize that you left your link (at the bottom). I added you to Gay Men Rule's blogroll. Keep in touch! BTW, I first read The Handmaid's Tale as a favor to a boyfriend I once had LOL. He was an officer in the Navy. He was overwhelmed. He asked if I'd read the book (it was one of many required reading he had during a 3 month training in San Antonion); and write a report for him. Yes, it was cheating. But he did get an A. I liked the book so much that I read it many more times after that LOL