27 July 2007

weekender...

in two parts -

the first part is to end the week with some beauty to offset all of the insecurity of stocks, money, politics, Iraq, gonzales, bush...

the clip below is from Mozart's opera Cosi fan tutte. i think it's from a production at San Francisco Opera. Singing is Simon Kneelyside, Susan Graham, and Susan Chilcott. the music is some of the most beautiful that Mozart wrote.



and now to start the weekend with a laugh and keep it going...

Once upon a time there were two deaf guys standing on a street
corner talking to each other with sign language.

Guy #1 (SIGN) "What would you like to do?"
Guy #2 (SIGN) "I don't know, what about you?"
Guy #1 (SIGN) "Let's get my car, find some girls, drive to a dark space and have some fun."
Guy #2 (SIGN) "Good idea."

So they get his car, find some girls, drive to a dark spot and are having a ball when the guy in the back seat taps the guy in the front seat on the shoulder...

Front Seat Guy (SIGN) "What?"
Back Seat Guy (SIGN) "Have you got any protection?"
Front Seat Guy (SIGN) "No. Don't you?"
Back Seat Guy (SIGN) "No. We had better go to a drug store and get some."

They precede to drive to a drug store and the man in the back seat gets out and goes inside. In two minutes he is back outside and taps on the car window.

Inside Guy (SIGN) "What?"
Outside Guy (SIGN) "I've got a problem."
Inside Guy (SIGN) "What?"
Outside Guy (SIGN) "I can't make the druggist understand what I want."
Inside Guy (SIGN) "I know What to do."
Outside Guy (SIGN) "What?"
Inside Guy (SIGN) "Go back inside. Put five dollars on the counter. Put your pecker on the counter. He'll know what you want."
Outside Guy (SIGN) "Good idea."

The man goes back into the drug store and two minutes later he's back at the car window.

Inside Guy (SIGN) "Well?"
Outside Guy (SIGN) "It didn't work."
Inside Guy (SIGN) "What do you mean?"
Outside Mute (SIGN) "I did what you told me to do. I went inside. I put 5 dollars on the counter. I put my pecker on the counter. He put his on the counter. It was bigger than mine. He took my 5 dollars."


enjoy your weekend...

No comments: