10 October 2008

Obama and Clinton and Ayers...

Here is what Hillary actually said and Barack's response...



Senator Clinton:
"I think, again, that it is an issue that people will be asking about. And I have no doubt, I know Senator Obama is a good man and I respect him greatly, but I think this is an issue that certainly the Republicans will be raising. And it goes to this larger set of concerns of how we are going to run against John McCain. You know I wish that the Republicans would apologize for the disaster of the Bush/Cheney years and not run anybody. Just say that it's time for the Democrats to go back to the White House. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be wanting to do that. We know that they're going to be out there full force and, you know, I've been in this arena for a long time. Uh, I have a lot of baggage and everybody has rummaged through it for years and so, therefore, I have, you know, an opportunity to come to this campaign with a very strong feeling and conviction that I will able to withstand whatever the Republicans send our way."

Now that doesn't seem at all what John McCain is claiming Hillary said. As a matter of fact, if you look closely, she is attacking and predicting what the Mcpains would and are doing! She took the same stand that Obama did against the actions of Bill Ayers.

Obama also pointed out that President Clinton pardoned two members of the Weather Underground. Obama's words: "...which I think is a more significant act than me serving on a board, uh, with somebody with action that he did forty years ago." I would wonder how McCain would respond to his dealing with Charles Keating? He had actual meetings with the man about the savings and loan problem and was criticized by the Senate Ethics Committee for having "exercised 'poor judgment'".

At the end of the video, Senator Obama states,
"Look. There is no doubt that the Republicans will attack either of us. What I've been able to display during the course of this primary is that I can take a punch. I've taken some pretty [good ones already] and I don't begrudge her that. That's what the political contest is about. I am looking forward to having a debate with John McCain and I think that every poll indicates that I am doing just as well, if not better, in pulling together the coalition that will defeat John McCain. And, ah, when it comes to November, and people are going into the polling place, they're going to be asking, 'Are we going to be going thourgh four more years of George Bush economic policies? Are we going to go through four more years of George Bush foreign policy? And, if we as Democrats and if I as the nominee, have put forward a clear vision of how we are going to move the country forward, deal with issues like energy dependence, lower gas prices, provide health care, get our troops out of Iraq, that is a debate that I am happy to have and a debate that I am confident I can win."

Today, Hillary's spokesperson, Kathleen Strand, responded to McCain's posture invoking Senator Clinton in his attacks using Bill Ayers against Obama.
As Hillary Clinton has criss-crossed the country for Barack Obama, she has said to anyone who will listen that we can't trust John McCain and the Republicans to fix this economy and turn our country around. Funny, John McCain isn't using those words.
So, again, it appears to me, that all Hillary did was predict, presciently, what was going to happen.

who needs Tarot Cards? Mcpain is unbelievably predictable.

i just wish the outcome of the election would be as inevitable. the American electorate does have a history of, well, shortsightness...

No comments: