30 October 2007

watching the MSNBC debate...

After saying that I'm tired of watching the debates [I still think it's to early.] I'm watching it. I'm working as I watch it, so I'm probably missing specifics, but the Let's hit Hillary campaign is continuing. She is handling it well. She is answering with specifics yet not giving away the schoolhouse.

Obama, on the other hand, is answering with pie in the sky answers, IMO. Change, change, change. There has been a couple of times he seemed to be stumbling on his words. He seems nervous.

Edwards is playing the "I have nothing to loose, so I can go all out" game. He's using things like, "if you believe in Santa Claus, if you believe in..." to come back at Hillary and others.

Richardson again is putting his foot in his mouth by saying things like, "I'm the only one on this stage who engaged in foreign diplomay." to groans and "I beg to differ" from the others. Though he did say it's time to save the rhetoric for the Republicans and get off the "Hillary" attacks.

Great line from Hillary to Obama - "Change is just a word if you don't have the experience to make it happen." And Obama talks about what he did in Illinois. [Being from Illinois, I still only hear all talk from him.] He only talks about what he's going to do.

Dodd's not been saying too much but bringing out his bipartisanship history.

The big discussion, and it's an undertone more than anything else, seems to really about "Let's get on with it. We need to elect a Democrat. We need to take the country back to constitutionality. Move beyond the fear tactics of the last six years."

Biden - "there's only three words Guliani uses in a sentence - a noun, a verb, and 9/11. We need to focus on preventing him from getting in the White House.

Kucinich? Lord love a duck! He just keeps putting it on the line with nothing to loose but everything to gain by positioning himself - win or lose!

I think that there is one thing that we need, or rather do not need. We do not need another governor as president. We need someone who knows the process of government, who works the ins and outs, sides and frontals going on in Washington to fix what is broken.

I'm not going to finish watching it. I'll read about the rest in the morning. There will be amusing comments and quotes, not to mention the spinmeisters take.

Great timing. There's a commercial break.

No comments: