17 September 2008

Chris Matthews finally asked the question...

Where is the president? Why hasn't he been on television at 9:00 talking to the American people about what's going on with the economy and trying to assuage their fears?


I have been asking this question for the last few days myself.

Matthews also made the comment that Bush is hiding just like he did with Katrina.

I've been thinking that also.

One of my friends called me on Monday and told me that she had sold all of her stocks and bonds because she was afraid of loosing her retirement savings. She's already retired, so she has more to worry about. She asked me what I thought about what she did. What could I say? I told her that I was standing pat. Historically, the period before a presidential elections is tumultuous for the markets. Yesterday, she called her financial adviser and told her if the sale hadn't gone through, not to let it. Her adviser said that maybe her initial decision might be the best one. {She decided not to sell in the end.]

This is what is going on in the minds of Americans right now. They are scared. Hell, I'm scared. What control do I have? On paper, I lost over $20,000 in the last three days. My pensions will get me through the basics, but what if something catastrophic happens? And I don't have any kids. What about people with families?

There is another set of questions that need to be asked. Where is the money for Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, AIG and the others coming from? Most of the money Tsar George Bushanov and his Duma are using for the war in Iraq is coming from China and being sent directly to the Middle East. The United States has become nothing more than a money launderer.

Also...

How much of the reserves has been used with nobody's knowledge? Have they been raided? Has the funding of major programs been used for things other than what they are intended?

There are too many unanswered questions. What scares me more are the questions that haven't even been asked, because we don't even know what they are yet.

The election campaign is going nowhere. Neither side, as far as I'm concerned, is really addressing what's happening. Mcpain has flopped on all his flips. Obama has been drifting at sea for the last couple of weeks, trying to make an innovative primary campaign into what the liberal wing of the Democrats wants and afraid that maybe the beliefs he espoused won't work in a national way.


The way I'm thinking right now is that there is fear that there will be a Democratic president. There is fear that there won't be a Democratic president. When given a choice, the American electorate goes with what they know rather than what they don't.

Hey, it's time to s*** or get off the pot.

No comments: