25 June 2008

hysterics? who's in hysterics?

...me!

Saw this over at BUZZFLASH.com this morning and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

I just simply went into hysterics.

Drudge Report of June 2000 Shows Bush Blaming Clinton for High Oil Prices: $20 - $30 a Barrel!

The report says everyone was upset because the year before, 1999, oil was at $10/BBL. Gore blamed the oil companies and candidate (now tsar) George Bush blamed the Clinton White House.

Here's the part that sent me into hysterics:
Bush said oil prices would fall in his administration, yet they have hit the stratosphere with record profits for the oil companies.

Remember last week I said I was happy because I paid $67 to fill my tank because it was the first time in weeks under $70? [stop-gap or windfall?]

Well, back in 2000 the price of gasoline was averaging $1.54 a gallon. That would mean I paid approximately $23.10 to fill up my tank! I probably b****ed about it back then, or at least thought about how high it was and shook my head.

Now, I cringe every time I pass the gas station...

No comments: