03 August 2007

whew...

I'm exhausted, but it's a good exhausted. The YearlyKos Convention is really great. There is something about being with a group of people who are so excited and motivated. It's contagious.

Tomorrow is the Leaders Forum with Reid, Pelosi & Emmanuel but the word is they aren't going to be able to make it because of the FISA vote and a couple of others. They believe that Shumer will be there though. It might put a damper on the Presidential Forum also since Clinton & Obama may have to stay in Washington.

There was a bit of a snit when an announcement was made last night that Clinton would not make her appearance for her break-out session. People hissed and booed. What they didn't tell anyone until tonight is that it was a scheduling snafu that the organizers forgot to mention. They apologized and Hillary decided to come early and do her break-out before the forum. Of course, now it all depends on if any of them are going to make it with the Congressional session running into overtime.

I am learning a lot and will share some of it after the weekend when there is more time. I attended a phenomenal session today called The Dawn of a New Politics. It dealt with the changing make-up of our nation and the consequences, possible or otherwise. Needless to say, the biggest change is being caused by the internet. We're leaving the MSM in the dust.

Another reason I am a little tired is that I went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum tonight. I texted my nephew a two word review - G** D***! It's non-stop from beginning to end. There were places in the movie that had people applauding, groaning, cheering, "yessing," etc. The audience, and I was included, became totally engaged in the movie. I won't give away the ending, but it is nothing like the book and it works really, really well. If you are someone, like me, who doesn't like going to theatres to see movies, this one is definitely worth seeing on a big screen rather than waiting for the DVD. Every chase seen is incredible, and the one where Jason Bourne drives the Audi off.... Sorry, I said I wouldn't give away any secrets.

No comments: