12 May 2008

it's not Obama; it's his "followers"...

I think I've decided what turns me off the most, lately, with the Obama campaign.

I've written in previous posts how he personally is a problem for me because of the turn he took against Illinois by backing out on his promise to not run for any other office before his 6-year term was up as U.S. Senator from the state. His wife, Michelle, confirmed what my thinking was on this during an interview when she related that the conversation she and Barack had was along the lines that if he didn't do it now, the chance will never come again for him.

To me, that stance shows that he is, in fact, a carpet-bagger.

I digress. What has been disgusting me a lot for the last couple of months is the rabid behaviors, talk and threats that his followers have been using. The intensity of their "I am right, and you are wrong!" voice is grating and unctuous*.

Case in point is this Huffington Post piece by Barbara Ehrenreich entitled Hillary's Gift to Women.
Hillary Clinton smashed the myth of innate female moral superiority in the worst possible way -- by demonstrating female moral inferiority. We didn't really need her racial innuendos and free-floating bellicosity to establish that women aren't wimps. As a generation of young feminists realizes, the values once thought to be uniquely and genetically female -- such as compassion and an aversion to violence -- can be found in either sex, and sometimes it's a man who best upholds them.

Another point is the Obamaniacs repeating over and over that Clinton supporters will vote for McCain if she doesn't get the nomination, no matter how many times Hillary has said that whoever is the nominee, a Democrat will be in the White House come January.

What do they believe? Hillary is another Joe Lieberman?

There are all kinds of other detritus out there that the pundits who support Obama are spewing. I won't mention any others. I'm tired of it.

Suffice it to say, Mr. Obama needs to do something quick, if he really wants to win in November, should he get the nomination: get his minions to cool the rhetoric, or he will lose to McCain.

my vote isn't in the bag [if he gets the nominations] until he proves that he can lead all Americans.

*haven't done a word lesson in a long time: unctuous: ˈəŋ(k)-chə-wəs; adjective; (1) full of unction; especially : revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, and false earnestness or spirituality; (2) a: fatty, oily b: smooth and greasy in texture or appearance.

No comments: