03 February 2008

the Pope and me...

While I thought that I had nothing more in common with Benedict XVI than being male and having grown up in the Catholic church, I discovered via Michael Sneed's column in today's Chicago Sun-Times that we have, ummm, a similar taste. And it's not bad, trust me.

Pew news . . .

Gulp! Word is Pope Benedict XVI's favorite libation is not wine: it's orange Fanta soda pop.


Yeah, I know it's really not a big deal, but Orange Fanta in Europe is totally different than in the U.S. It's made with real orange juice and not all the artificial crap with which they make it here. It has a totally different taste that is incredible.

orange-bleue Fanta-3.jpg

Fanta Orange - US.jpg


The first photo is a can from a French website. The second is from a US website. In the second one, you can clearly see the words Artificially flavored Orange Soda. Not in the first one.

When I'm in France it's about the only thing I drink, non-alcoholic, besides Vittel water.

vittel_ensemble.jpg

It's near impossible to buy Vittel in the Chicagoland area. I've even gone to the trouble of contacting Vittel directly to find out where I can buy it. They told me what companies hold the franchise to sell it, but none of them carry it in their stores and no one else can sell it.

jeebus cribes, i love the stuff...

No comments: