28 February 2008

get out of hell free card...

I have received requests to explain my get out of hell free card again. It originally was in a post about Sen. Larry Craig in which I said some things that some people might consider, well, sinful? [here]

At the end of the post I explained why I didn't have to worry. Well, at least as far as the Catholic Church is concerned:
[i know. you all think i'm going to hell for this as well as some other things i've written, but i have a get out of hell card. i walked through the Jubilee Door at the Vatican in 1976. it's only opened every 25 or 50 years and any one who makes the pilgrimage has all sins forgiven through a plenary indulgence. so, according to the myth, i'm safe.]

So, to use an idea that one of the British Pragmatists used, though I cannot logically prove that God exists in any way, I find the possible alternative of an eternity in hell with fire and brimstone unacceptable. It's best to hedge all your bets then.

i'm hedging; i'm hedging...


[i'm also in no way serious]

No comments: