15 June 2009

no monday morning mayhem...

just couldn't get my act together and was doing a lot of writing and commenting on other stuff plus big birthday weekend for a friend, and the MacBook is dying. (boohoohoo...)

but... i just got this and it's priceless. so a wee bit of monday evening mayhem...


How to get to Heaven in Ireland


I was testing children in me Dublin Sunday school class to see if they could understand the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big jumble sale and gave all me money to the church, would that get myself into heaven?'

'NO!' the children answered.

'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything tidy, would that get myself into heaven?'

Again, the answer was 'No!'

By now I had a smile on me face.

' Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweeties to all the children, and loved me husband, would that get myself into heaven?'

Again, they all answered 'No!'

I was just bursting with pride for them.

I continued, 'Then how can I get into heaven?'


*

* A six year-old boy shouted out


'YU'V GOTTA BE FOOCKIN' DEAD..........'



Maxx Happy.gif
Maxx says this one doesn't get a gin!
it deserves a
Perfect Black Bush!*
i'll drink to that...


black-bush.jpg




*how to make a Perfect Black Bush - place ice in mixing glass; pour Black Bush over the ice; with the mixing spoon swirl three times to the left, three times to the right, and the pull the spoon three times up and down; strain into brandy snifter. i was taught this by the owner of Bushmill's himself in the early 1990's. it is the only way i will drink Black Bush...

No comments: