15 May 2007

only one Falwell post...

I will not post anything about the demise of Jerry Falwell except to record my response when I heard the news.

I was getting on an escalator at Carson, Pirie Scott and to the left, as I started up, was an area with a small couch and a flat screen TV on the wall with CNN showing.

There was an elderly gentleman sitting on the couch, obviously waiting for his wife while she shopped. As I saw Falwell's picture on the screen and read the chyron underneath announcing his death, I said aloud, "At least there's some good news today."

Needless to say, the elderly gentleman did not like my comment turning and giving me one of those looks. I ust smiled and was rather proud of myself for being so contained.

DownWithTyranny! was not so reticent - BIG PIG ROAST IN HADES TONIGHT!

He even got into trying to decide in what bolgia of the Eighth Circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno Falwell would be given accomodations.

go and have some fun reading his post. hee, hee, hee...

No comments: