03 May 2007

I’m going to a town that has already been burnt down...

I’m going to a place that has already been disgraced
I’m gonna see some folks who have already been let down
I’m so tired of America

I'm gonna make it up for all of the Sunday times
I'm gonna make it up for all of the nursery rhymes
They never really seem to want to tell the truth
I'm so tired of you, America




in light of the the two previous posts, when I came across the new Rufus Wainwright video of Going to a Town from his album, Release the Stars that will be released May 15th, I was struck with the lyric. It's filled with frustration and languid yearning for what everyone wants and deserves.

I'm not tired of America. I'm tired of the small-minded people who are destroying the American dream of freedom, equality and safety.


you can find the complete lyric here: Going to a Town

you can preorder the album on iTunes

No comments: