06 February 2006

an event that has unfortunate consequences...

I was recently asked what I thought the biggest disaster in history was. I had to think for a moment.

I don't think that there is one. I think there is a pair. Both are connected and unconnected at the same time.

1. The alleged crucifixion of Jesus.

2. The birth of Mohammed.

Both of these events have brought about the deaths of millions of people over hundreds of years, in spite of the messages of these two men. It is through no fault of them. Segments of their followers have taken their own interpretations instead of listening to the true essence of their meaning.

Pity.

Islamists have broken their own belief against idolatry. One doesn't need an image to make an idol. Only a fanatic!

I suppose this holds true for Jesus also...

No comments: