01 July 2008

i don't understand why they're so surprised...

Arianna Huffington: Memo to Obama: Moving to the Middle is for Losers
Last Friday afternoon, the guests taking part in Sunday's roundtable discussion on This Week had a pre-show call with George Stephanopoulos. One of the topics he raised was Obama's perceived move to the center, and what it means. Thus began my weekend obsession. If you were within shouting distance of me, odds are we talked about it. I talked about it over lunch with HuffPost's DC team, over dinner with friends, with the doorman at the hotel, and the driver on the way to the airport.

duh...

She's been obsessing. She's surprised. She maybe feels betrayed.

AND why wasn't she listening when a lot of us were saying, "Don't put too much faith and trust in the man. He's known for being flexible!"

Like I said in the past, I worked for his election in Illinois; I supported him for the Senate; and I did it with trepidation knowing his means of decision making and position-taking.

and every time he was merely present...

i never thought i would ever think of myself as a possible swing voter. People may not vote for McCain, but they just might not vote at all or vote for the Libertarian Bob Barr...

or worse...

No comments: