28 February 2007

And now, the end is near...

And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way




i'm in a strange place right now. in one week i retire after 37 years of doing something i truly, truly love - working with kids. i know it is the right decision. my friends have told me over and over how it is the right decision for me, but it is really very scary.

i have gone through all of the stages of grief, at least i thought i had, since i made the decision, but you never can be certain of anything, really.

i always had a special place in my heart and life for the song my way. i think that i know why better now than at any other time in the past.

i really like this version by robbie williams. there is a spot towards the end where you look at his face and he is ready to cry. i feel that way right now. it is the first time i felt like crying, maybe because it is one-week my life completely changes.

the one thing that i can say is that the most important thing in living my life is having done it my way. i never compromised on that, and i had parents that allowed me to do it. i am very fortunate...

more than anyone can know

i've also posted this on my main site - no matter what

No comments: