18 January 2005

landmark education...

If you look down and to the right where the links are, you will see a link to Landmark Education. I don't want to spend a lot of time on Landmark, but I'm sure I won't have much of a choice.

I have been involved with Landmark since November 2004. I have friends that have been involved with it for a lot longer and I have met people there who have been involved for many years. Landmark Education refers to itself as a "Curriculum for Living." It's true. It would be difficult in a couple of paragraphs to explain everything that is Landmark. It has its supporters who sometimes come off as fanatics and it has its detractors who equally come off as fanatics.

Just as in anything, you get out of it what you put into it. Suffice it to say that over the last few months Landmark has made a big difference in my life and I have seen and know of others who have been transformed. It makes promises, but it tells you that you have to work for them.

From time to time, I am going to share different things that I've been going through as a result of and because of Landmark. This is an important part of Landmark because one of the things it wants you to do is share. The act of sharing makes one present to the possibilities in life and the importance of being authentic with yourself and others.

I will try not to make a direct endorsement, but I have to tell you it will be difficult. I invite you to find out more about Landmark by clicking on the link, talking to someone who has done the Forum, Advanced Class or any of the seminars, or email me. We will be willing to share our experience with you, give you a sense about Landmark, and answer any questions you may have.

I also invite you to one of the introductory sessions Landmark has at their centers around the world. You can find where they are, when they are scheduled, what are the phone numbers and talk to someone at the center nearest you. They are more than helpful.

Open yourself up to new possibilities. Even if you think the ones you have are great, there are always more to create.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh ...I find it so interesting that someone who claims to like "anything that is escapist so I dont have to think" is into Landmark. Not a bad thing...just interesting! I was involved with LEC for about a year and a half...it really kicked off years of healing for me...I could go on and on. I left a few years ago...got tired of the culty recruitment crap. A shame, because their classes have a lot of value. I'm gonna tell you what I wish someone would have told me when I was there...don't "take on" any "opportunities" to volunteer there unless it is something that sounds fun and will directly lead to your personal growth, in a direction you want to go. It was my experience that people will ask you to do more and more and then blame you when you get overwhelmed and want to stop. Good luck, Mike. :)

mike/ said...

I understand what you mean about the recruiting (they say enrollment); it can get a little much. I was told about it ahead of time so was somewhat prepared. I understand their reasons and to an extent agree with what is behind it because Landmark is so powerful & helpful, but I don't do this sort of thing myself. I also learned that you never say "I can't do something." I say "I will not do something," and they accept it instantly.

My penchant for escapist movies is because my work can be so intense. I don't want to have to think after a day's work. Just veg.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Right...right..."enrollment." I forgot some of the lingo. Anyway, it sounds like you have your head on straight. Go and enjoy it then. I remember really loving being in an atmosphere where nobody was gossiping and people meant what they said. I have taken a lot of LEC with me through the rest of my life too. It's good stuff overall. Just don't let them guilt you into anything. I like that "I wont" thing! Wish I would have thought of that! Peace.