08 March 2007

if today is your birthday...

The Chicago Sun-Times carries two, count 'em, two astrologers - Georgia Nicols and Holiday Mathis (no relation to Johnnie). Besides the daily horoscope for each sun sign they also do a thing called IF MARCH 8 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY and it is, mine that is. Birthday...

Here are the two in the paper today:

Georgia Nichols
Hockey player Larry Murphy (1961) shares your birthday today. You're a traditionalist, yet you insist on doing things your own way. Because you have a great zest for life, you're not afraid to take on major (sometimes daunting) projects. Others easily like you. You often choose a role in life and play it to the hilt. In the year ahead, you will focus on your closest partnerships and friendships.

Holiday Mathis
Once you set your intention, nothing stands in your way. Or, things do stand in your way, but you're flying over them on the wings of your determination. What happens in March lights a fire in you. Projects in May are the springboard for your next adventure. Your connections with Scorpio and Cancer people are fun and games. Lucky numbers are 30, 6, 11, 32 and 14.

Now, I do read the horoscopes every day. It's a habit. It's harmless. It's really not anything different than saying prayers or meditating or playing the lotto. They're all equally spiritual in nature and sources of amusement and become habits - good or bad.

Any way, as far as the two IF MARCH 8 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY entries today, sometimes horoscopes can not just be amusing but also scarily semi-accurate. Not the prediction parts, but the descriptors. I do have a zest for life (if I didn't I'd be dead!); I am fairly traditional (coming from an Italian family you can't help it); I do absolutely insist on doing things my way (though I compromise diplomatically very often.) ; I took on a major project beginning today - retirement; everybody likes me (for the life of me I don't know why!); I am more than determined - I can be down-right obstinate once I set my mind to something (I can drive even me nuts most of the time) ; and I don't know who the hell Larry Murphy is! (I would rather they say that I share the same birthday as Lynn Redgrave, Ruggiero Leoncavallo, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, or even that Millard Fillmore died on March 8, 1874.)

Oh, well. I realize that the statements that are made in horoscopes are very generic. You probably have the same characteristics and you may have been born on December 26th!

As I said, though, horoscopes are fun. Just like anything else, you take in what is meaningful and throw out the rest. One thing I've been meaning to do is to reread them at the end of the day to see if anything came true, but I'm always too tired to remember and would it even make a difference?

do you know where your stars are today?

just asking...

No comments: