04 November 2006

almost full circle...

Most of the time you read about celebrities making statements in the press denying and trying to extinguish rumors that they are gay. Neil Patrick Harris, on the other hand, had to put the kabosh on his being straight:

Actor Neil Patrick Harris Says He Is Gay
By Associated Press

Sat Nov 4, 2:01 AM

br-2286
Aug. 19, 2006 file photo

LOS ANGELES - Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. "(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D."
Source: comcast.net Entertainment


Well, now. The most avid denialist of gay rumors is probably Tom Cruise. He has sued people alleging if it's true or if isn't that they have had experience with him. I don't think that I believe that they did because they never say how good or bad he is in bed. One would think that this would grab bigger headlines and be news rather than the "he said/she said" content in the tabloids. [Personally, I could give two s****s if TC is gay or not. Except for playing Lestat in Interview with a Vampire I've never been impressed with his abilities. Event with "Interview" it was because he played Lestat as I had read him in the books.]

But, here we have Neil Patrick Harris who, after an article saying that he is straight, going out of his way to say that he is "proud" to say that he is a "content" gay man.

This does not bode well for the wing-nut christianists. Next thing you know, Rosie will be denying that she's from New Jersey. Oh, wait, she's from Long Island. Sorry, Rosie.

What's the world coming to?

just asking...

No comments: