11 August 2006

the logic...

of the Christianists and ultra-conservative right, I would like to say, baffles me. It doesn't. It actually escapes me. They believe in so much that is not in their dogma, doctrines, sacred writings, theology, etc., etc., etc. They purport to be the true followers of Jesus. They claim to hang on his every word. They maintain that people must heed the Bible literally.

They believe that God made all things. ALL THINGS!

If this is the real case than how can they deny this?

god made me an...

For the sake of argument, let's substitute the word athiest with each of the following:
a Jew
a Democrat
an Arab
a Catholic
a Gay
an African-American
a Lebanese
a liberal
a terrorist
a Lesbian
a Muslim
a Mexican
an Irani
[or add your own]


IF their God, in all of his/her wisdom, created all of these people, how can they deny, defame, decry, denounce, or destroy those who their God created?

just asking...

1 comment:

mike/ said...

as a follow up, I would like to say that I don't consider myself an athiest. I just believe in one less god than everyone else does...