12 March 2008

where's my rebate check?

Where's my rebate check?.jpeg


For the first time ever I have to pay the IRS this year. It's because of all the refunds I got when I retired last year. Seems that the government agencies had me putting money into things for a number of years that I didn't have to pay into. Figures....

Since they were pensionable items there were no taxes taken out at the time. So, now, I have to pay the taxes on them.

My questions then are, if I'm paying taxes this year, do I get this economic stimulus package or not? Can I just deduct the $600 from what I have to pay? Do I get the entire $600 or a percentage because I made so much with the refunds? Do I have to file additional paperwork? Or am I just being stimulated where the sun don't shine?

i'm confused.

wait..., maybe i'm not.

no, i'm definitely confused...

'splain me, Lucy...

No comments: