05 October 2006

Loreena McKennitt...

I have long been a fan of Loreena McKennitt's music but never knew who she was, until recently. Her music has been in many films. Below is a video called "Bonny Swans" that is beautiful, not just in words and music but visually.

I have always preferred songs that tell stories rather than paint moments in passing. This is a mainstay of Celtic and folk music. My life-long love affair with Judy Collins and her music harkens back to college.

My favorite Loreena McKennitt is "Lady Shallot." If I ever find a video to post, I will share it. In the meantime, here is "Bonny Swans." Enjoy!



Here is the link to her website: Loreena McKennitt

You can find an abbreviated version of "Lady Shallot" under Explore the Music. It's on the album The Visit.

No comments: